Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brielles Suprise

 
I've been noticing more and more fighting between my kids lately, and I have been tossing ideas around in my head to try to see what I can do to help my children be more kind toward each other. One of the things I thought I could do is provide opportunities for them to serve each other more. I believe when we serve others our love for them will grow. Also Brielle is always doing so much to help out and serve in our family, so I thought it would be fun to have Dakota and Madison clean her room for her while she was at school and plan a suprise for her for when she got home from school. I want to something like this for each of them, so they each get the opportunity of serving.

 
So in the morning I sat down with Madison and Dakota and helped them plan the suprise. They planned out a yummy snack and we went to the store and bought treats, and when we got home the kids prepared the food.

 
They set up a table in her bedroom and brought in the food they had prepared. (Fruit and dip, and oreos.)


 
We also bought some balloons while we were up town and tied skittles to the bottoms of them. ( We call Brielle skittle sometimes)

 
They taped crepe paper to her door so she would have to brake through it to get in.

And we put up a sign in the hall that said We Love Brielle.

 
Then came the waiting, the kids stared out the window watching for the bus to come. They were really excited for her to come home and see what they had done.



Brielle thought it was pretty neat, and the kids really had a good time doing it.

No comments: