Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FHE

For family night this week we talked about the Holy Ghost and how to recognize him, so for our treat we had hot chocolate (because it makes us feel warm inside) and in the afternoon Brielle and Dakota made these yummy chocolate spoons to stir our chocolate with.

They always love to help me make treats like this and they make reall\y great helpers!

MMMMMMM!!!!!!

After our lesson we made Boo Boo Buddies and hand warmers. I took the kids to the store earlier in the day and they got to pick out their own material, they were sooooo excited and did not want to wait until family night to make them. We talked about how the Holy Ghost comforts us when we need comfort and how they could use these Boo Boo Buddies ( bags filled with rice that you warm up in the microwave) when they were sick, or hurt, or in need of comfort and it would help them feel better, I told them when they use them I hope it reminds them of how the Holy Ghost also comforts us and how he makes us feel good when something is right.

Brielle and her BOO BOO Buddy and hand warmers

Dakota picked material with bears on it for his.
We made these last night, and they have had me heat them up for them all day, they used them while they waited outside for the bus this morning (it was -13 FREEZING!) and to hold while they watched a movie, and to sleep with!

After we finished our Boo Boo Buddies we enjoyed our hot chocolate with our special spoons.

Our table was covered in rice from the kids filling their bags but thats ok it was easy clean up and I remember hearing a story that I forget to often about a dad outside playing basesball with his son and the mom yelled out the door at them because they were tearing up the grass, and the dad replied  "We are raising a boy not grass"" I often find myself reflecting on this story and this was one of those moments, when rice was going everywhere I thought we are raising kids not a clean floor and table, let them enjoy making their bags, you cant expect a small child to pour just about anything without spilling.

4 comments:

The Hafens said...

Super Cute Idea!!! I need to remember that story. Thanks for the reminder!!!

JaKe and NaT* said...

you are the cutest mom ever! i can' wait to do fun things like that ( well i can wait but i'm excited to.. haha) can't wait to see what next you have in store.. i need to write down all the fun things you do:)

Christy Cummings said...

Good Job catching up. It was fun to read about all of the fun happenings in your life. You really are a great mom!

LornaJayne Adams said...

Wow, way to go super mom! What fun projects for the kiddos!