Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Famiily Night Back to School Fashion Show!




Melissa had the best idea for family night, she always has tons of great ideas like this. The monday before school started we had a back to school fashion show. Mindy, Britney, and I made the back to school apple cupcakes, Melissa made each person a "sack lunch" and a goodie bag, we had a lesson from the scriptures about the importance of learning, and then each kid got to pick two of thier favorite school outfits and they all did a fashion show. We really had a lot of fun, when each kid came out we all took pictures, clapped, whistled, and yelled. The kids all got into it and did model poses, Jordan did a dance, and grandpa performed an intermission routine! Afterward Mike and I took our kids home, got them ready for bed, and then we went into the living room, and Mike gave Brielle and Dakota each a priesthood blessing to start the school year off good. i am very thankful to have a husband who is worthy and willing to give my kids blessings!!

Melissa made a goodie bag with crayons, pencils, and smarties to make you smarter, and tied a scripture on it about learning.

These pictures are of Brielle and Dakota on the first day of school, they looked so cute and were both super excited to go to school, and yes I bawled at the bus stop, and at the breakfast that the parents go to at the school the day before, and clear back in May when I ran into the school to pick up thier papers for them to get thier school physicals, but I think I'm good now! Brielle had Mrs. Swallow and Dakota has Miss Guilette and they are both really good teachers!

3 comments:

The Hafens said...

SUPER CUTE IDEAS!!!! ALL THE KIDS ARE SO STINKIN CUTE!!!!

Christensen's said...

Oh it's so hard when they first leave to go to school. I cried when Damen went to Kindergarten also. Cute family night idea. It's nice that you have all your family to spend family night together.

Fowkes said...

What a cute idea! I'll have to remember that! Your kids are so cute and I just can't believe that they are old enough to go to school! Where does time go?